BlaB! is a web based chat written in PHP, using AJAX as a transport system and MySQL as a database storage. The project started back in 2002 as a self-refreshing page called Simple Chat that can still be found on the Internet. There have been more that 200000 downloads ever since and about 12000 active installations, some of which transfering 10000 messages a day.
- A hosting server that supports PHP5/PHP7
- a MySQL/MariaDB database [a shared database can be used as well]
- Optional: PHP mail() function enabled to send out emails [forgotten password, auto activation]
- Supports any modern browser
- NO FLASH & NO JAVA: no additional plugins / server modules required
- HTML5 and CSS3 compliant
- HiRes/Retina displays ready - no raster images used
- 100% resizable, you can run it in iframes of almost any size
- PHP5/PHP7 compatible
- Registration system allowing 'guest' users
- Ban users and IP addresses from Admin CP
- http/s links, EmojiOne emoticons, hidden emoticons, text formatting
- Paint, share & play paintings in chat
- History, bad words removal, Admin CP
- Topics that are posted with the keyword /topic
- Sound notification on new messages
- Language, sound & timezone settings per user
- UTF-8 based multilanguage support. The interface is translated in: Čeština, Deutsch, Ελληνικά, English, Español, Français, 日本語, Italiano, Magyar, Dutch, Norsk, Polski, Português, Română, Slovenski, Shqip, Svenska, Türkçe
- Download BlaB! 9.1 (2017-Aug-17)
- How to install / Frequently Asked Questions
- Found a bug? Let us know!
- Donate bitcoin - Thank you!
Need more? Multiple rooms, admin panel with more features, a better registration system with info and avatars, user groups and permissions, whispering, private chat, integration with popular scripts such as Invision Board, vBulletin, Simple Machines, phpBB, Woltlab Suite, Expression Engine, WordPress, Joomla and much more?
Consider BlaB! Plus / Pro
Page updated: 2017-08-18